![]() |
| Rebecca's knitting in progress |
Mom's white counts are still falling. They haven't quite hit bottom yet but we expect the nadir to occur sometime in the next few days. The donor's stem cells are still finding their way. Engraftment should occur sometime next week. We are cheering her new cowboy-surfer cells on, encouraging them to find their new homes and get to work. Gloria has promised them holiday bonuses if they do a stellar job.
Happy holidays and much joy to all,
Rebecca, Karen, Sidney and Gloria

Gloria, this is the best news yet----12 days in and no "excitement" to report! I think of you often and am sending lots of healing energy and love to all of Team Gloria and to you especially. Go, Cowboy Stem Cells, and make yourself a cozy new home in all Gloria's nooks and crannies so she can get on that surf board and ride!
ReplyDeleteLove, Judy Schwartzman
Sounds good so far! Glad to hear this news. I'm sorry (and a bit pleased) that things are not very exciting there at the hospital. You aren't missing much excitment here in the office- except nursing registration- ugh. Definitely could have used your humor around here then!
ReplyDeleteStay strong and positive. We love you Team Gloria!
Good Tuesday morning, my friend, as you begin day 14. I suspect the white cells are beginning to bottom out and those stem cells are finding a new home. Thinking about you every day and wishing you continued success on this journey to good health. I'm sending you a big virtual hug, positive energy, and continuous prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove, Tom
Go GG Team!
ReplyDeleteBesides sending the most positive vibes and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and constantly on our minds, we are sending a few more one-liners to bring smiles to your faces: Here goes (of course these are all stolen):
Slimming Down: A man was standing on the scale, sucking in his stomach. The man's wife sarcastically said, "I don't think that's going to help." "Sure it does," he said. "How else could I see the numbers?"
What do you call someone who doesn't fart in public? A private tutor!!
I'm a light eater. As soon as it's light, I start to eat.
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman where the Self Help section was, she said if she told me it would defeat the purpose.
Two atoms are drinking at the bar. Suddenly one says to the other, "I've just lost one of my electrons!" "Are you sure?" asks the other. "Yes," replied the first atom. "I'm positive."
A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two-tired.
Love to you all!
Denise & Barb
Hello, my friend Gloria! It's a snowy day here in the neighborhood, and it's really quite lovely! Of course, that's because I'm inside looking out! :) I think of you all the time, and I do so look forward to the spring when you'll be home. But, between now and then, I send you my strongest prayers and my most positive thoughts. Love you so much, Gloria! Happy holidays to you and your team! Big hugs from me and Michael, and soft kitty purrings from your furry friends!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Happy December 22nd Gloria!! I have been thinking of you and glad to get reports from Becca about your wellbeing. I hope things are still boring as hell in the hospital - but that the TV selections are rich. "The Cheaters" is a good holiday movie, but I recommend that you avoid "Holiday Inn". I watched it again a few years ago and couldn't believe the overt racism - oof!
ReplyDeleteNaren, Luca and I have been preparing for our first LA Christmas. It's still 65 and sunny. The camelias are in bloom and Luca is avidly harvesting our strawberries and herbs. We've been battling the caterpillars that are eating our kale, but still no deer encroachment. Though Sally, Jonah and Ruth(the deer) still come by to nibble our front ivy on a regular basis. That is one of the benefits of the 6:30 am human alarm clock - the sunrise over the mountains is beautiful and the deer have not yet been scared away by the folks driving to work.
A few recent Luca quotes you might enjoy:
In the park: I'm a slug. I'm running like a slug. You're the mama slug. Luca's cozy with mama slug.
Luca from his car seat: I'm a lion. Me: Oh really, cool! What do lions like to do? Luca: Raar! Me: That's what they say, but what do they do for fun? Luca: Swing on the swings. (Silence in the car...) Luca: Do lions have butts? Me: Yes, yes they do.
Luca jumping on the bed: I'm jumping like a larva!!
Luca hanging out in the bathroom as I get ready: Can Luca play with mama's toys (meaning my makeup)?
Sending much love!
Jessica
Glo,
ReplyDeleteMerry Xmas and a happy + 21 almost +22. Hope you are continuing to mend and that any HVGD symptoms you may have developed are manageable. Also, hope you are seeing evidence that the Cowboy/Surfer stem cells are finding their way into your corral. Today and every day, you are on my mind, in my heart and ever the recipient of whatever healing energy I am able to muster. Saw Joyce and Irwin Dumptschin, Judy Schwartzman and Marni and Richard Flagel at 2 different holiday gatherings today . They were the Jewish version of xmas get togethers. :-} Everyone asks me about your progress and all tell me to send love your way. You are so blessed to have the love and support of your amazing family team and a host of loving friends who send you healing vibes from near and far. As we face blizzard warnings for tomorrow, I am focusing on the coming of spring and the end of your confinement. It will be another new birth and new beginning for you...and you will have punched the lights out of Effing Leukemia.
Ever loving you, Bev.