Today marks Day 0 of Gloria's new beginning. As I type this, she is getting her brand new stem cells.
| Peace and Stem Cells |
We are sending thanks to her donor, who we know is from the west coast of the US. Karen decided that he is probably a cowboy who owns a winery and who sometimes likes to go surfing. Sidney thinks that Karen is the one on drugs here...and Gloria is nodding off from the Benadryl she was given earlier. We Skyped with Becca, who will be back in Ohio tomorrow to join the festivities.
We're talking with her nurse about Graft vs. Host disease, something that Gloria needs a little of in order to stay in remission. We're hoping she gets the least offensive symptoms, like looking tan all of the time.
We'll be in the hospital for the next 21 days or so, and then we'll be living in Columbus until Day 100. We are looking forward to all of the togetherness that we'll have during that time.
Much hopeful love,
Karen, Rebecca, Sidney, and Gloria
This is the best picture ever! You have been on my mind all day. So thrilled that you have reached the point where you can have this new beginning and that it went well. I am always loving you and sending healing energy your way.
ReplyDeletexoxo Bev
Hey Gloria... I didn't recognize your hand. I'm accustomed to seeing it with only one finger extended :) Sending you hugs and positive thoughts!
ReplyDeleteLove, dave
One finger, two fingers...who cares (although Dave has a good point and knows Gloria well). They look like healthy fingers to me! Go stem cells! Land where you are suppose to land! Grow where you are suppose to grow! Change her blood type! Make her allergic to bees! Make her well! Hang tough, my friend. With you all the way.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Tom
Gloria,
ReplyDeleteSo if the stem cells are indeed from that cowboy, will you now be able to ride a horse and surf??
I am cheering not only you, but each and every new cell - may they feel right at home and begin taking wonderful care of you!
Love and good wishes to you on day one and each day following -
Helen
P.S. You would look great in cowboy boots! Let's go shopping for them in Santa Fe one of these days.
...and so it begins, Gloria! :) With much love,
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi Gloria, just a quick note to let you know you are always on my mind. I hope you are hanging in there. Everyone in the office says hi and we all send love and strength. Love, dave
ReplyDeleteGreat picture! I like Karen's ideas about the donor. Raymond's hair turned curly and he developed a taste for beer after he received Richard's kidney so who knows - Gloria may belt out "Home, home on the range" any day now.
ReplyDeleteWe love you!
Hmmmm, what a fitting photo! Thanks for posting! I'm cheering your new cells on!
ReplyDeleteKeri
Hi Gloria - Karen's ideas about the donor have me picturing you surfing with a cowboy hat when you recover - if you do, please get a picture! Lots of thoughts, prayers, and love coming your way - we are all pulling for you. Love, Jared
ReplyDeleteDarling, darling friend,
ReplyDeleteLove you, hug you! Just know you'll be well soon and get out here in the wild West. A sweet, soft bed is ready for you! What a wonderful woman you are!
Again, tight hugs from
Barb & Les
Apparently I dozed off in December and forgot to stay up on the blogs---I was getting news from our mutual friends, so at least I was getting the info... So far, so good, Cowgirl Gloria. Hopefully that cowboy does own a really nice vineyard: I'll donate our grapes to your winery, once you get out and get started on carrying on your cowboy donor's skills.
ReplyDelete