Greetings everyone! It is day 4 - halfway through the first round of chemotherapy. So far Gloria is doing very well with the treatment. She is up and about, cute as ever (yes, her outfit is matching), and her sense of humor is intact. Of course, Karen is keeping us all in stitches! Aunt Rebecca, Gloria's little sister, arrived yesterday and is staying for a few days. It has been good for them to be together - meditating and doing guided imagery. Mom decided that the battle metaphor is not for her. Instead, she has chosen to tell her blastocysts that they are no longer needed on the team, and that, while they may have been trying hard to do a good job, they will have to be let go and replaced by healthier cells. A calmer and quieter metaphor to help her with her healing process.
Niece Erin also arrived from Chicago for a visit to help Team Goldman. Sidney is enjoying all of the female company. Thanks to everyone for the positive vibes! Mom is really enjoying reading the posts, so keep 'em coming!
Love,
Rebecca, Karen, and Sidney
Gloria, I am so glad to hear you are tolerating your therapy well! After reading the update, I will now yell "F-Leukemia" in a more dignified and professional manner (at least while I am in crowded places). The prayers, positive thoughts and love are coming from me to you... 24/7. Love, dave
ReplyDeleteThank you Team Goldman! These updates are so appreciated!
ReplyDeleteGloria- thinking about you all the time. I'm still nearly speechless about it all (which you know doesn't happen to me often!). :) But here are my disjointed thoughts to you:
I'm thrilled to hear you are dismissing the blastocysts as they are not needed.
I am sending positive energy your way.
I'm taking up Rena's mantra: WWGD?
Keri
How very managerial of you to tell your blastocytes that they are no longer needed on the team. Very PC in terms of your wording too. Must be all those years as department chair that makes you an expert on the importance of a strong and healthy team and canning the slackers. Personally, I'd want to kick those f-er's asses right out the door, but you have always been less strident than I. I know you are enjoying the company of Becky and Erin, and since your counts are still reasonably up you can still be a hall-walker. My love, healthy vibes and positive thoughts are with you always. So are my cyber-hugs.
ReplyDeleteBev
Gloria, I had to chuckle that you've decided the "battle" metaphor isn't "you"...yep, that's my Gloria! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you, girl!
Gloria,
ReplyDeleteI am happy to find out I am in synch. I have been doing healing meditations for you. Sometimes the fight is won quietly.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see this blog. I hope to be part of Team Gloria. I missed the tryouts though. Can I be a walk-on and try to get the scholarship?
Glad to know the battle metaphor is not being used-I sent a previous message (on Facebook) using this terminology and trust that it will not affect the treatment in any fashion as my powers are limited...especially in this galaxy.
That being said and all ridiculousness aside your entire family remains in my family's and my prayers. I join you in visualizing the cancer being dismissed from your body Gloria.
A Jewish woman walks into a hospital with Cancer. She leaves without him. It was the way it was supposed to be.
Dwight
So pleased to get the hump-day update on your progress and learn that more family can be with you. I continue to hold you in my thoughts and prayers. Healing love to you, my friend. Tom
ReplyDeleteHumping in the hospital? Really? I got a visual on it and I have to say, it's pretty nice. Richard
ReplyDeleteYou know I've been on the team since second grade and always will be! In case my mental transmissions aren't reaching you from Berlin - Gloria you are amazing and I find your approach to the rogue blastocysts most empathetic and strong. Naren, Luca and I are sending our love to all of you!
ReplyDeleteIn addition, on a recent bike ride with Luca, I misinterpreted a Deutsch traffic signal and road into traffic. Realizing my mistake as cars screeched to a halt, I said "F*&$K!!" and quickly got out of the way followed by much German righteous indignation. For the next ten minutes on the bike, Luca practiced saying "F*&$K!!", perfectly copying my intonation. I told him that word is only for special occasions when you're really scared. (We'll see how that goes...) You now have another participating member in voicing the team sentiment. Blastocysts - this word is not directed at you, just the overall situation.
Love Jessica (including Luca's bunny Edouardo and frog named Kitty)
Good morning, Gloria...just wanted to say hello and to let you know that you are being thought of and prayed for on this very hot Saturday morning! :) Much love from all of us! I miss you...
ReplyDeleteHey, Gloria! I'm just checking in to say "hello"! I'm sure you're enjoying your time with your sister...I remember meeting her when we were in New Orleans for one of those conference we are attending...can't tell you when..can't remember...must be age! :) Anyway, I'm thinking of you as always and still praying for you as always! Hope those unwanted team members are getting the message! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful team you have there and an extended team from all over the world. I do think you could have picked a better way to get our attention however. You could have started a new career as a pole dancer or a tattoo artist. xoxoxo
ReplyDelete