Hi everyone.
We've decided to create this blog so we can keep you posted about the goings-on in our world right now.
If
you're reading this, you obviously have heard that the brilliant,
amazing, lovely, incredible (etc. etc.) Gloria has leukemia. To be
specific, she has Acute Myeloid Leukemia. You can read a little bit
about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_myeloid_leukemia
We're not really reading much about it, as we've decided to listen to her doctors instead.
She
was diagnosed almost by accident, having gone to see another doctor
about a pain in her wrist that she thought might be arthritis.
Ironically, it was only tendonitis caused by repetitive movements in
Pilates. Kitty, if you're reading this, Gloria loves Pilates and is
going to miss it very much.
Her doctor ordered a routine CBC (complete blood count) to make sure everything was OK. And that was the beginning of our new "normal".
Gloria
has decided to seek treatment at The James Cancer Center:
http://cancer.osu.edu/Pages/index.aspx. Right now, treatment is
scheduled to begin this Monday, July 2. As she will be living there for
at least the next 4-6 weeks, we will be taking turns staying with her
around the clock.
Many of you have asked how you can help. Please know that we
love being surrounded by such an incredible group of family and friends,
but due to her compromised immune system, we are currently limiting Gloria's exposure to the outside
world of germy things. Encouraging emails, texts, notes and prayers are
always welcome. Visits, unless specifically requested by a family
member, are, regretfully, discouraged. Thankfully, we live in a time of great
electronic prowess, and we can keep you in the loop easily.
Gloria is otherwise a very healthy, mighty individual who is
prepared to fight with all she has. And those who love her will do
everything in our power to help her with this battle.
And although she's probably not thrilled that we are writing this,
we also encourage those of you who want to yell the "F" word at leukemia
at the top of your lungs. Sometimes that feels really good to say.
Much love,
Karen, Rebecca, and Sidney
Team Gloria! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for creating the blog. We are sending our thoughts, prayers and positive energy y'all's way. I think F Leukemia is an appropriate title for the blog and I plan on doing your suggestion however so as not to levitate my husband or send the cats into a tail spin I shall go outside and let her rip.
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Scotti
In his 1961 speech about going to the moon by the end of the decade JFK said, "we do these things not because they are easy but because they are hard." meeting and overcoming life's great challenges is what defines us as humans. I can think of no one more capable and prepared to meet and overcome this challenge than Gloria. There is a strength within the Kelsey clan that few of us can comprehend. We can only marvel at it. We'll be in touch. Love. Richard
ReplyDeleteGo Gloria! Kick some AML!! Kirsten
ReplyDeleteGo, Gloria! I am with you 100%, my friend, crossing all my fingers and toes, saying lots of prayers, and channeling as much positive energy as I can muster. Safe travels to Columbus tomorrow, beat the hell out of those bad cells, and come home as soon as possible.
ReplyDeleteRebecca, Karen, and Sid, please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help. You guys are in my prayers, too.
Gloria, all in all you have the best of teams supporting you as well as all of us who love you. You know that we are all here for you and available for anything to want or need - including bringing our bodies, hearts and souls to sit with you if you need a change of face while at James (I for one would leave the germy germs at home).
ReplyDeleteLove you my old friend,
Patty
Gloria, there is a beam of love directed to you from Portland as you enter this next phase. I pray for you each night and if there is anything I can do have Herr Toad pass on the message. We wish you the all best.
ReplyDeleteYo pal.
Jim
Hang in there, Gloria. It's been 14 years since my dad was diagnosed with a similar type of bone marrow cancer. I remember him going through the weeks of daily chemo treatments, just like you. It got better for him and I'm sure it will get better for you, too. We're thinking about you down here.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
-Will
Gloria, I shouted "F-Leukemia" in the Tartan Marketplace this morning and everyone looked at me like I was crazy!?!? Sending you love, strength and positive thoughts each and every day!
ReplyDeleteLove, dave
Dear GG:
ReplyDeleteWe are using your favorite word! Of course we are praying and sending good energy your way. With all the love that people have for you--no doubt this will turn out fine! Hang in there sweet pea! We love you and are thinking about you constantly!
Love
Denise & Barb
You are by far the strongest woman I know… and I am not exaggerating. You know how to put up a fight when one is necessary so I am personally comforted by the fact that this shit doesn’t stand a chance with you. It’s like that big scary spider you find in your bathtub – in some other environment he might pose some serious risk but he picked the wrong environment in which to try and be a bad ass because his ass is going right down that drain. These cells certainly picked the wrong body in which to morph – and they are about to meet their worst nightmare. Go KICK THEIR ASS!
ReplyDeleteI understand that today may be the day you start the treatments so I am sending you all my positive thoughts and vibes – everything I have to give in the way of karma is coming your way. My daddy and I created a cheer for when he took his chemo and we envisioned it as tiny soldiers marching off to slaughter the interlopers (actually, he envisioned his tumor as George Bush whom he despised)… he even used to make a marching noise as he took the pills. I will be doing that same cheer here today and every day until I hear that the bastards have been beat into remission. Go, Go, Go, Go….
I love you Goldwoman. Ali
100% ready to fight along side you! You are my role model, personally and professionally and I know I want to be just like you when I grow up!! ;) Nothing has ever made me more proud than to be called "Little Gloria".
ReplyDeleteBecca, Karen and Sid... happy to do anything to help.
Postive thoughts all your way...
Rena
Gloria: F Leukemia is the perfect name for this site. I know that you, of anyone I know, is in the best position to F this right out of your body. I love you and am thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteAll my best wishes and thoughts.
Lori
My thoughts are with you this afternoon. If there's anyone who can beat this F'in thing it is YOU! Keep fighting and we'll be right here with you all the way. Scott
ReplyDeleteDear Gloria,
ReplyDeleteWhen I heard the news I had to pause. I am sending you warm positive energy. I hope you can feel the love that is surrounding you. I want you to know I will think about you every day. You have such strength, grace and just enough feistiness that makes you an incredible woman. It is an award winning combination that I admire. "I believe in you, we must remind each other that it can be done, and it must be done. We must keep up each other's courage. In that way, we are enormously strong." (Vincent van Gogh) Gloria, I believe in you!
You and your loving family are in my every thought and prayer! Billie
I think my heart broke in two when I heard this news. Not my work mom! I'm so grateful that you have Sid, Becca and Karen with you -such wonderful people. I'm with Allison - you are the strongest woman I know - you will beat this. I'm thinking of you often. Love you,
ReplyDeleteBree
All my love and every positive thought and affirmation from the depths of my soul to you and your wonderful family. head back and yelling "f leukemia" at the top of my lungs!
ReplyDeleteLoving you
Sharon
Hugs, love, strength, positive thoughts... all coming your way.
ReplyDeletedave
Gloria, I can't say more than what I've already said to you; you know what's in my heart. Just know that I've never prayed so hard for anything in my life as I pray for you to get well...and stay well! I love you!
ReplyDeleteKaren, Becca, and Sid: my love and thoughts and prayers go out to you too. As difficult as this is for all of us, I can only imagine how difficult this is for you.... Stay strong! We're here for you too!
Well this just SUCKS...BIG TIME! I will now be screaming F leukemia at the top of my lungs every day (out of boy's earshot)!! You are strong...and you know that. On the good days..dig deep...on the bad days...dig deeper and hold tight to that fighting spirit that we all know you have. You my fried are too damn tough to have any other result than WINNING the battle. Many hugs and kisses to you and your family. We are ALL cheering for you and I will say my many prayers and send ALL my positivity your way. Much LOVE to you...stay strong <3.
ReplyDeleteHey there sweet pea! We are thinking of you and of course praying for a quick and resolute recovery. We "borrowed" this poem for you off the web with a few edits of our own:
ReplyDelete"Cancer I did not give you the right,
To invade my body and take a bite.
This is my body and with all my might,
I will prevail with one hell of a fight.
To the cancer inside, I will battle and kill.
For that is my body's God given will.
To my cancer cells, these words I do send.
Your F'n life is short and near the end".
Hang tough dear friend!
Love,
Denise & Barb
My Friend,
ReplyDeleteYou mean so much to me and to so many others, and we are all sending loving wishes your way for strength and health. If we all could somehow help carry the load for you, you'd be back home tomorrow, with these bad cells knocked down and out. My hope is that our love and caring, for you, Sid, Karen and Becca, will remind you of how incredibly special you are and how much we look forward to seeing you back home.
In the meantime, F leukemia, F leukemia, F leukemia!!
Love,
Helen
F leukemia is right!
Just wanted to let you know that I thought of you today and screamed "F Leukemia!!" I was in my car and I think the person in the lane next to me thought I was a bit nuts.
ReplyDeleteAll my love,
Lori
We just opened our refrigerator like we used to do in the Touro utlility room in 1971 and yelled "F*** Leukemia!" (That was when we were totally overwhelmed and "4th year Tulane med students" showed up, "educating us on good patient care" ... i.e. "Don't give my heart patients ice water!" Then proceeding to dump the whole pitcher in the nurses' station ... but conveniently missing their Gucci loafers!
ReplyDeleteSweetheart, I know you won't be meeting any of these guys ... hope you have some lovely women MDs on your team. And for sure, I'm hoping you are receiving the same gentle, loving care you gave ALL your patients and students.
Love to you, BB
Go!Go!Go!Go...bad cells out, good cells in...smack those f**kers right on the chin!
ReplyDeletePrayers, positive thoughts, F-bombs, F Leukemia! - whatever you need - we all got it covered. Take care my friend.
ReplyDelete~Pat
Sending you strength and love, Gloria! I don't think this f**king leukemia knows who it's dealing with... we are all routing for you! I'm also sending some extra hope and optimism to make sure you stay fully stocked. I know you can beat this thing!
ReplyDeleteAnd, hell, I might as well throw in some RED WINE too. I want to make sure you are ready to celebrate after you KICK LEUKEMIA'S ASS!
Love you-
Patrick
Dear Gloria, At your suggestion we have been watching “Treme” and loving it. I think about the energy, stubbornness and resilience of the characters fighting Katrina’s devastation in your favorite city. You have all those qualities. I know you will face this with strength and courage. I however am chicken. I found that avoidance was very helpful. Your body has to be there but your mind doesn’t! Take care of yourself for us.
ReplyDeleteLove, Robin, Mike, Emma, Scout, Gemma and Tippy
Thinking about you on Tuesday evening, my friend, as I've been doing most of the day. Hope you are off to a good start at James on day 2 and beginning to show those bad cells just who is boss. You have so many friends and loved ones pulling for you, Gloria; wishing you strength and courage and hope and healing. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and know that we are all with you.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in my prayers and sending you healing love.
Tom
My dear friend, this totally, 'f-ing' SUCKS!! I have been thinking of you every day and sending you strength and positive energy. I always think of you anyway whenever I hear a Nora Jones song or especially 'blue bayou'. I mailed a box to you today with a couple of things from Trust Your Journey. (This is the company my friend started after completing her chemo.) We all love you and I, too, will be stocking up on wine! If you need a smile...you could always think of me wearing Piver's protective cone. If anyone can beat this thing, it's YOU. love
ReplyDeleteyou.
Good morning, Gloria! Just thinking of you...as I seem to do constantly! Much love from all of us...and yes, that includes your furry friends! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you Gloria. I'm so glad your precious daughters are with you. Their blog was such a nice gesture. You are an inspiration to them as they are to you. My daughters continue to inspire me every day. What a blessing to have them. We are both in healthcare and know miracles happen every day. I pray a miracle will come your way. You deserve it!!! Love, Brenda
ReplyDeleteG, thinking of you today and sending you positive energy as you crush those bad cells. Go Gloria!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, dave
Today is the day we celebrate "Independence"...a good day to celebrate that you are indeed establishing your own independence from this disease. You are in my prayers as you ...Go. Fight. Win this battle.
ReplyDeleteHuggs.
Dan
Hey Gloria. We were thinking of you all day wondering how you are feeling today. We decided to check out (steal) some jokes online to bring a smile so here goes:
ReplyDeleteA guy walks into a bar with a duck on his head and the bartender says `What'll it be Mac? The duck replies--yeah, can you get this guy off my butt?
A man and a giraffe walk into a bar. They start drinking and the giraffe gets drunk and passes out on the floor. The man pays the bartender and heads for the door. The bartender says “hey man you can't just leave that lyin’ there”. The man turns and says, “its not a lion it's a giraffe”!
Yes we are thieves "borrowing" jokes online, but hey, if they bring a smile to your face, it is worth the theft.
Love,
Denise & Barb
Good Morning Sunshine :0) Thinking of you and wishing you well. Many positive thoughts and prayers continue your way. Keep up the good fight!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Love,
Michelle
Thinking about you! It is said that Unity is Strength, Knowledge is Power, but Attitude is Everything! I am glad you are surrounded by positive people, it is so important. Keep that positive spirit!
ReplyDeleteSending healing thoughts your way! Billie
WWGD? That's my new line... What Would Gloria Do? You're always on my mind! Hope you're feeling strong and realizing how much you are adored!
ReplyDeleteGood night our friend! We searched today for these 2 words, "Gloriuos and Mighty." We found this song about Psalm 96 and thought it was powerful just like you--tiny but mighty! Hope you like it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsR08FH1tfE
ReplyDeleteHere are words:
Psalm 96
Verse 1
Majesty, Your glory is shining
Brighter than the moon and the stars
Marveling, we honor and fear You
Above all gods
Chorus
Glorious and mighty, You're awesome in beauty
Joyful songs we raise
Glorious and mighty, You're awesome in beauty
Greatly to be praised
Verse 2
Majesty, You fashioned the heavens
Your decrees can never be changed
Over all the plans of the nations
Your judgments reign
Verse 3
Majesty, well sing with creation
When You come again in the clouds
Every knee will bow down and worship
The one true God
Words by Joel Sczebel, Todd Twining, and Bob Kauflin
Music by Joel Sczebel and Todd Twining © 2008
Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)/Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)
You are Glorious and Mighty! Little packages pack mighty power and that is you!
Love Denise and Barb
Good morning, Gloria! I woke up this morning thinking of you...and remembering how you told me to "live life"...and realizing again what a blessing you are to me and all those around you. You are a remarkable person, my friend...full of strength, courage, determination, laughter, and love. I send to you today a really big hug, much love, and a smile.
ReplyDeleteI really liked that story by Alli, so here's an Irish joke for you. 'Did you hear about the new Irish parachute? It opens on impact!' :-) In England telling Irish jokes is a national pasttime, so excuse my apparent insensitivity. Also... it's the only joke I can remember :o Now, I want to compare Gloria to a soccer player. Last year, the captain of 'Aston Villa' was diagnosed with the same problem. This past week, though, he walked into training looking and feeling good. No, he can't resume playing professional soccer, and yes he still has more medical treatment to undergo. However, I can't wait for the day Gloria is out and about looking and feeling good, too. It will happen as surely as that parachute will open on impact :-)
ReplyDeleteGloria, you have been in my thoughts and prayers since learning of this health situation. F-Leukemia is the perfect title for this blog and if anybody can beat it, you can. The comments posted in this blog surely are signs of how loved you are and how much you mean to so many. There's not a lot I can add. I pray that the words in all these messages will be motivating, strengthening and sustaining as you work with the doctors and the treatment regimens needed. I further pray for God's healing power. Big hugs to you my sista! Love ya, Phyllis
ReplyDeleteI tried to post on July 2 and thought I did but am not seeing it.
ReplyDeleteI have thought about you each day. I remember someone telling me when I was diagnosed and headed for treatment that I was beginning a new journey. I say F the journey!!!
But now I know that this will change you. You will always be more grateful for spring, fall, sunrises, a breeze, friends and family, life and health.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Gloria. I've had you on my heart daily. I don't think I ever told you that my mom's name is also Gloria. Although I know of Gloria Steinem, Gloria Estefan, Gloria Vanderbilt, and Gloria Gaynor, you two are the only Gloria's I know personally. Before I met you, I feared you - well maybe I didn't fear you but feared the name Gloria. God obviously feels I need two Gloria's in my life to always remind me to be fearless and strong, stand up for what I believe, and that stubbornness is a redeeming quality.
ReplyDeleteSo, from me (the daughter of a Gloria) to you (my friend Gloria), here's to being fearless, strong, and stubborn! F Leukemia!
Love,
Pat
P.S. - From Gloria Gaynor's song "I Will Survive": ...Do you think I'd crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and hide? Oh no, not I. I will survive.
Good day awesome woman- just wanted to let you know that you are thought of and very loved!
ReplyDeleteOk, I've got technical difficulties. Hopefully, you don't know a bunch of Phyllis, however the odd numbers posted belong to Phyllis Salter. I'm trying again to post with my name, but not working. So sorry for the duplicate message.
ReplyDeleteGloria, you have been in my thoughts and prayers since learning of this health situation. F-Leukemia is the perfect title for this blog and if anybody can beat it, you can. The comments posted in this blog surely are signs of how loved you are and how much you mean to so many. There's not a lot I can add. I pray that the words in all these messages will be motivating, strengthening and sustaining as you work with the doctors and the treatment regimens needed. I further pray for God's healing power. Big hugs to you my sista! Love ya, Phyllis
Hello Gloria,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you, Sid and your family know that Kellie and I are thinking of you daily and as usual, I am always at your service.
"Without constant practice, the Officers will be nervous and undecided when mustering for battle; without constant practice, the Generals will be wavering and irresolute when the cirsis is at hand." Sun Tzu
You are now, and have always been our Field Marshall, leader and inspriation. You know how to fight the good fight and that is what we are counting on. F-LUKEMIA!!!!! Is a good battle cry and we are rallying the troops with you for whatever it takes to help you get through this. (It is almost as good as the "Big Girl Panties" philosophy which is being considered as a new Liberal Arts program for business success) :)
KNOW that you are loved very much!
Woody
Hi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteI’ve been passively reading your blog and decided that it was time to join in. I want to be a part of Team Gloria too! I have been very busy sending positive energy your way and playing pac man on my old Atari. No kidding, it would probably be worth something if I actually had one. Anyway, add visualization to your arsenal and blast away! Grab every one of these messages and take strength from all who love you.
With many prayers and all the positive thoughts I can find, beg, borrow, and steal - Marcia
Good morning GG Team! Barb and I are continuing to think of you all and are sending you positive thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteTo quote Mark Twain, "The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer up somebody else." We hope that you are indeed cheered because if you are cherred, we feel cheered too! There is so much love passing your way by the tons of people who passionately care about you; the energy spiraling toward Columbus has bubbled up a huge heat wave across the entire midwest. Can you feel it? Hang in there sweet pea!
Love,
Denise & Barb
Morning,
ReplyDeleteI spent some time in church this morning praying for you and your family to have much strength and courage...and of course peace. I hope these prayers find their way to you. I found a little quote that I thought appropriate for your new "attitude" that the services of these yucky cells are no longer needed :0)
“Breathe through it, and release anything that does not serve you.”
I hope this helps during your meditation. Feel the love and hugs around you...there are many.
Wishing you a great day!
Love You!
GG,
ReplyDeleteWe're thinking of you as you start a new week. Knock that damn "Red Devil" on his butt!
Love you,
Barb & Les
Hi Gloria, I'm glad to hear you are tolerating your tx well and that you have a competent and caring team at The James. I pity anyone who would give you crappy care. I think I would hear you back in Tipp City :) I heard a word the other day I hadn't heard in awhile and it made me think of you... dynamo!
ReplyDeleteLove, hugs and strength,
dave
Dear Gloria,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that you are tolerating your treatment well. You are such an incredible and strong person and no doubt you will win this battle. You have many family and friends who deeply care about you. If there ANTHING I can do to help, you can count on me.
We look forward to seeing our Gloria back home soon.
George
Just checking in for the day and letting you know that you are continually on my mind. Glad to know that care is excellent and "easy on the eyes". Many hugs to you today!
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of and praying for you. Try not to be too strong, let others help. It is hard to be the patient when you are a nurse. Wellness is a continuum, you will be back in balance soon.
Peace
Sherry
Hey GG Team. How are you all today?
ReplyDeleteSo Gloria, picture the comic and greeting card character Maxene in your mind. Here is what Maxene has to say today:
"I was in Starbucks recently when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to fart. The music was really loud so I timed my fart with the beat of the music. After a couple of songs I started to feel better. I finished my coffee and noticed that everyone was staring at me…
And suddenly I remembered I was listening to my iPod
…and how was your day?
That's what happens when old people start using technology! :-)
Barb and I keep searching for funnies to keep you smiling. We love you and are thinking of you all!
--
Hey there GG Team. Good to hear about being unhooked and free to walk about. Of course,we are continually keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Gloria the picture of you and your sister is great. You look great too!!!
ReplyDeleteHere is another stolen joke for you and it's a "blonde" joke :-)
A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.
"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"
The blonde said, "How about 50 dollars?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?"
The man replied, "She should. She was standing on the porch."
A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. "Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. "And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."
Hang in there sweet pea! We love you!
Denise & Barb
Hello Gloria,
ReplyDeleteThinking about you alot today and hopeing your small wins turn into large victories. Lots of humor to make things a little better for you. I think you already have some zebra duct tape so if if is true that duct tape can fix anything, let me know when/if you need more.
Love and prayers!
Woody
Dear Gloria,
ReplyDeleteWe had received the "bad" news awhile ago, but today received the blog site so we can now send you germ free greetings. You Rock! Please tell Karen and Becca they are welcome ANYTIME for dinner and conversation (Sidney too!) We believe in you! All love, Jim and Jean
Hey there GG Team. We are thinking of you all. We so wish we were able to come see you but we do understand the danger we would bring to you if we passed on any any nasty critters that could make you sick. Just please know you are in our thoughts each day and we hope the sun is shining brightly on you (although honestly we wish the hell it would rain-not on you of course!) :-)
ReplyDeleteSo, here is another stolen joke for the day:
Bill and Bob, two children, were sitting outside a clinic. Bill happened to be crying very loudly.
"Why are you crying?" Bob asked.
"I came here for a blood test," sobbed Bill.
"So? Are you afraid?"
"No. For the blood test, they cut my finger.
As Bob heard this, he immediately began crying profusely.
Astonished, Bill stopped his tears and asked Bob, "Why are you crying now?"
To which Bob replied, "I came for a urine test!"
We hope these are bringing smiles to all your faces!
Love,
Denise & Barb
I did the "happy dance" when I heard that remission is here :0) Keep working hard to stay healthy and free of any other nasty critters. I hate that you are going through some nasty side-effects but enjoyed the mardi gras bit. Glad to know that your personality remains fully intact :0) Keep your chin up and keep that chakra balanced (sounds like you are doing a wonderful job of that)! I'm so thankful that you have such a loving family to be there at your side through this journey. I miss you and hope to see that smiling face soon. Hugs to you all!! xxoo
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear that your treatment is helping. When I read through the blog this week, I shouted "F- Leukemia!" as loud as possible from my home office. Of course, I spent the rest of the day convincing the twins not to do the same!
ReplyDeleteHopefully, the image of two 5yo boys screaming "F- Leukemia!" at the top of their lungs in the middle of Kroger, Target and the Centerville Library will brighten your day! TRUE STORY!!!
I think of you often and always send up a prayer when I do!
OK I am crying with happiness. I promise to be cautiously optimistic, but Gloria this is well-deserved good news!
ReplyDeleteSorry for my delay in response but this new fangled blog thing is challenging.
The silver lining to being bald is that you have so much more free time. No dryer; washing is a snap; no lengthy hair appointments and you save money on hair products. Your hair will grow back and you'll just be annoyed that it is curley because of the humidity.
Love and germ-free e-kisses,
Robin and Mike
Okay..so thought we would let you know that we are walking in a 5K in October in Cincinnati called "The Color Run". This year the funding goes to leukemia/lymphoma society, so we created a team...yes...Team GG :0) Joe, Owen, Jake and myself are walking and are asking anyone and everyone to join us. It looks to be a great time. The site is http://thecolorrun.com/cincinnati/
ReplyDeleteAnyone who wants to join is welcome!! The more the merrier!! We might even wear mardi gras beads in your honor!
Hugs to you!
M
Good Morning GG Team. We found this cute little YouTube Video that is fun! We hope you can access it to bring smiles to you!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7AECIw1Xvc
Love,
Denise & Barb
I'm in! Luv these runs! Lets go for GG!
ReplyDeleteMorning Everyone! Hope all is well. Just letting you know you continue to be on my mind every day. Wishing you wellness, hugs and peace. <3
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria...and you team. I heard things are going well. I certainly hope so. I was gone for a month, sitting on the back of my boat. I highly recommend it. I thought of you so often and I watched the sun set and the sea life go on. It is all precious isn't it.
ReplyDeleteJust read the update and am so glad you are home for awhile. The word "bald" really hit me. It is hard. But hopefully you will have eyelashes by winter. It is not easy walking in a snow storm with no eyelashes. Sending you a powerful wave of love.
ReplyDeleteHey there GG Team. Hope you are all taking a breath of this fresh air we have upon us. We are soooo very thankful for the blessings of remission and the chance for you all to be home! Yea! Yea! Yea!
ReplyDeleteTo bring you more smiles (we hope), here are a few more stolen one-liners Barb found:
1. Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggert have written an impressive new book. It's called .... 'Ministers Do More Than Lay People'
2. Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary.
3. The difference between the Pope and your boss, the Pope only expects you to kiss his ring.
4. My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it is gone.
5. I hate sex in the movies. Tried it once. The seat folded up, the drink spilled and that ice, well, it really chilled the mood.
6. It used to be only death and taxes, Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
7. A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.
8. Definition of a teenager? God's punishment ... for enjoying sex.
And for the thought for the day: Be who you are and say what you feel ... because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind don't matter! And, as You slide down that banister of life pray that all the splinters are pointed the other way!
Get rest, enjoy one-another and for sure take it easy!
Love,
Denise & Barb
We are thinking of you today and hoping your return to OSU is short and not too hard on you! To cheer you up, here is something Barb wanted you to read--it's a health warning!
ReplyDeleteI would never have guessed! Who knew????????
Don't wash your hair in the shower! It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!
INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT
WARNING TO US ALL!!!
Shampoo Warning!
I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight! Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering
with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."
Problem solved!
If I don't answer the phone, I'll be in the shower!
We love you!
Hey GG Team! We so want to see you all. We realize that it is not safe right now but we are so excitied that "The Big but really Little G" is home and recovering back in Dayton. While you are out of sight, remember, you are never out of our thoughts nor prayers. We know strong things come in tiny packages; therfore, the mighty G will display her super powers and battle herself back to the strong and healthy state she was ajust a few months ago.
ReplyDeleteAll of love and prayers are with you all. We love you!
Barb and Denise
PS: Debbie Parks BD is 8/25!